Saturday, December 17, 2011

A bitty catch up

So last weekend  following on from the staff night out I had to pull myself together pretty sharpish as I was due to meet my parents the next day at 10:30 as they had come over to visit me. It was so nice to see them. That was the first time any of my family had come over to see me since the move and now I can walk past places in Amsterdam and smile because I have memories there involving them, which always makes a new place feel more like home.

I'm definataly not complaining but because abbywinters.com keep me so busy I haven't really done alot of the tourist stuff so it was great to have an excuse to play tourist for a weekend. We went on a boat tour, to the flower market, the flee market, shopping for my new winter coat (early Chrismas present) and I was able to show them where I live.

On the Sunday we went to the Nemo Museum which is a big science museum shapped like a boat. We had sooo much fun although there were far to many kids (think it was a place designed more for them than us but we had so much fun playing at being kids).


There was a new teenager section I had not been warned about telling you all about sex. Not somewhere most people want to be with their parents but luckily mine thought it was hilerious! We caught two teenage boys (probably about 13) and they each had one arm in a pink sleave, these two sleeves were in a box and they were batterling arms. Pull back and each one was being a tounge practising french kissing.

They looked very embaressed when me and my dad clocked them and started laughing.

There was a roped off area for learning all about sex, there was a video of two rinos going at it in the entrance We decided we didn't need to go in but my dad did take this fantastic picture for me when we peeped through the curtains.


I was driving the van on Friday ( I know go team me) and as I was dropping the sexy Klara back at the office we passed Dam Square, where they had a big stage by the huge Christmas tree and a gospel chior were singing Christmas songs - it was lovely, sorry we didnt get the camera out quick enough.


Here is a link to the food blog please check it out this woman makes my Tuesdays every week by filling it with cake - Food Flurries.